Wednesday 11 February 2009

whoogah.

now010wee

Large

February's installment is actually a mix originally recorded and posted on the 28th January. It was only up for a few days and during this time I was trying to get around to designing what could be a CD sleeve for the mix, if it were ever to be made into one.
The mix went fine except for my mind wandering which led to a really stupid mistake using the wrong mix/side of Newcleus E.T. Boogie. So just under half way through I had to begin again. Second time went as well as I could expect, without having to go back and remix out every minor discrepancy.
Whilst creating a design to accompany the mix there was a small incident with my laptop power pack. The protective plastic cable around the wire that goes between the laptop and the transformer had snapped at the transformer end, a not so uncommon occurrence so I am led to believe. This, in turn, had resulted in the wire within fraying and, on the odd occasion, sending small but healthily bright white sparks of electricity flying and melting the casing of the cable (as seen in the resultant design above).
It finally gave up the ghost for good just as I'd sorted out the track list and designed what would be the back of the CD sleeve. Due to this I had to stop work until I'd received a replacement pack, which arrived only 2 days after it had been ordered but only worked to power my laptop and not charge the battery. It was only the other day that I managed to fully test if it was the new pack of my battery that was at fault but that's another story entirely.

At least I got the idea for the sleeve design and a title for the mix out of it.
My only hope is that I manage to make the next mix without any incident whatsoever.
Listen
Download options

This was recorded on GarageBand whereas January's mix was recorded using Soundtrack pro. For reasons unknown to me GarageBand only recorded 66 minutes of what was about 70 minutes worth of a mix. It's no big deal really as all that was missing was the rest of the Cabbage Boy tune and a small outro form the Orson Welles version of War of the Worlds. Again I could have gone right back and re-recorded but I didn't bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers